Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our Camping Trip

This is Daniel blogging just so everyone knows. I am taking some vacation days and we are going up to see family in Utah and then we are going camping in the San Juan National Forest. I am really excited about it. We plan on visiting Mesa Verde National Park, going to see some old mining towns in La Plata. Here are some links to pictures and stuff of where we are going and what we are going to see.

This one is a map of the San Juan National forest and we are going to be camping at campsites #20 or #35. These next 2 links are the descriptions of where we will be staying.

Snow Slide Campgrounds


Kroeger Campgrounds

Here is a link to Mesa Verde national parks website.


Miriam says I have to explain what Mesa Verde national park is. It is old Indian ruins of the Puebloans Indians. You can read about on the website. Here are some pictures of it.







And here are some pictures of the area we will be camping in. It will be beautiful. (Most of them are links)

Beautiful Camping Area

Another Beautiful Photo

Yet another


Oh and if we have time and it fits in our Budget we are going to ride the train from Silverton to Durango. Here is a picture of that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be careful of the bears. And take lots of pics. It looks like it'll be a good time! Those places look stunning. I haven't been on a train since I was a kid. Is that still on the agenda? I am all sorts of chalous. The more I look at the pics, the more I want to go. :P