Monday, October 19, 2009

garage sale find

We were not planning on garage saleing this weekend but we found this chair on craigslist that I really wanted so we were driving around. Someone already got the chair so I was sad but then we followed a garage sale sign and found this:

Its a red leather couch and it was $50 (after Daniel's extreme haggling). We love it. I scrubbed it for about 5 hours (yeah I know but most garage sale finds need elbow grease). I scrubbed it with body wash and water. Isn't that funny? But I googled it and it was an at home remedy because anything stronger would hurt the leather and it really worked. I wanted a red couch and a leather couch but never thought I would get one, now I have one and we rearranged all the furniture.


We moved everything and cleaned everything so that was great. Now I have a little office area behind the couch wohoo for that!Now my book selves are in a little corner like a library thing. I want to paint them soooo badly and staple a fun pattern material on the back but Daniel likes the woodgrain wood stain look.


8 comments:

MoBo said...

HOLY GOALY, thats pretty amazing, does it smell ok? gahahah the soap makes sense, its a skin after all huahaha Well Done!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

That really is quite a find, and a great deal--congrats!

Matt and Suzanne said...

Love your finds! Good deal!!!

Sarah said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I love red!

Hera said...

Excellent and the couch smells great I suppose after the body wash

MiriamR said...

yeah the couch smells great, at first it smelled like dust but now its all roses and soap.lol.

Malo lelei, Godan daginn, Hey Y'all!! said...

Thats fantastic. I find it refreshing to clean and rearrange a room. I am quite proud that it took me 6 months to rearrange me house. Great job Miriam.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the fall issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=adblock 2.6 (pro) ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg