Tuesday, March 10, 2009

update: this week

I haven't blogged in a little while. I feel like I have been very busy but I really don't think I have. Last week we started potty training. The first day I sat him on the toilet and no deal 5 times and he didn't seem to know what was going on. The second day we had success and now he hasn't had any accidents and goes every time I put him on the toilet. Its funny to me how excited I get whenever he goes. I guess I am just happy I am one step closer to no bubba diapers. Its been a funny experience. We got him a football toilet seat that fits in the regular one and a jar of skittles that sit in the bathroom (I started with Easter egg malts but Daniel finished them off the first day). Alexander is doing great there.

Eva wants to eat everything, well that's not true only everything we are eating. If she sees I am giving her something different than what we are all eating she will throw it down and wait for the good stuff. We have been teaching Alexander to share the toys with Eva because she loves cars just as much as he does so he is getting better. The only problem is that he doesn't understand not to share food with her. He gives her candy and everything.
She loves him and wishes she could follow him around all day getting his treats. I got her her first set of sippy cups today (I don't know why I have taken so long with solids and sippy cups with her, its like I forgot when I was supposed to do it). I just put bottled water in it and she doesn't quite get it but I am sure she will be sucking it down by tomorrow morning. Alexander got jealous so he has digressed to the sippy cup also and is even willing to drink water out of it like Eva.

I took this picture to show that the little kitchen table I had been working on is finished. We found the chairs at a garage sale to go with it. I need a picture to put up above it now. I am contemplating which picture to put there. The picture also shows Alexander drinking out of one of Eva's sippy cups.

Eva is rolling around like a ball these days. She is almost crawling. She cries and cries and stretches to reach for things sometimes it works and she pushes forward with her toes but she will usually just roll back and forth until she finally gets close enough to reach it (it usually takes 3 minutes of rolling back and forth)

Oh random note: On Saturday we went to an all day auction. It was a lot of fun. There was a dust storm in between though so it was rough in the end. I bought a box of 10 large random wooden frames for 3 dollars. My favorite purchase of the week. It also came with 5 prints which I plan on using around the house. I just need to clean and paint some of them and I will be set. Daniel bought an electric acoustic guitar for 35 dollars and I think he likes it. Who knows really. All in all it was a fun day.

I still have a huge furniture and now frames to do and finish list. I found a toy box at a thrift store that I am now refinishing. I am almost ready to paint my Ethan Allen chairs. It all keeps me busy in the days so I like it. Other wise I would realise I am in New Mexico and not know what to do.
That was our week oh and it rained which is the first time. It drizzled all day. Kind of like in Iceland it was even pretty cold.

I will take a picture of the dining room table and the finished chairs when they are in fact finished (hopefully in two days)

Bye for now


Marshall, Nany and Max said...

dude, so I was watching KBYU the other day and it had a special about Iceland and the Church. In the 1800's, 400 Icelanders immigrated to Utah and helped to settle Spanish Fork. I thought it was especially interesting because I live there. Hope all is well. -Marshall

Sioseline Jimenez said...

I wish you were still here so you can teach me how to do all that fun furniture stuff you do. You got skills girl!

MoBo said...

HOLY SHIZNER! the table looks so nice, you guys sure are Handy! awesomeawesome

hehe Alexander and Eva are the Cuteness hahaha funyyunfyy