I started this project before we went camping and I didn't take a before picture. These lamps are for our bedroom with the blue and choco brown theme. The lamps are glazed ceramic and I really like them. They had white stripes all over them and I just sanded them off and the shades were cream colored and dirty so I covered them. I got the tutorial from Rhoda at Southern hospitality over here It was really easy. I put it off for awhile because I thought I would get frustrated but no it was easy. I got my spray adhesive from Michael's with a 50% off coupon and used a glue gun. So I paid $2.50 for these down the street at a yard sale. Daniel hated them but now he likes them. I think they look really masculine now which worries me. Maybe that is why he likes them so much. They are not done yet. I don't know what I am going to do to them but they just don't look finished to me. I know I need to cover the plastic things right above the ceramic part. I want to get some ribbon just to wrap around the plastic parts but I have to find some blue and brown ribbon. Hopefully damask. I am even willing to go with stripes. I am not sure if I should put a print on the shades either. I just don't know yet. Any suggestions would be great. Oh and I kind of cheated with the material. I was going to go find some great material at Joannes but I ended going to Savers first (the thrift store) and I found a brown twin sheet for .99cents and figured I could try that and if I hated it I was only out .99cents. I loved it though so yeah these lamps have cost me $9.50 total including the spray adhesive. And I love them which is what matters most. Anyway let me know what I should do to them.
For some more great fun yard sale finds go to Rhoda's Site Here Southern Hospitality blog for thrifty Mondays.
P.S I decided I am going to do Eva's rag rug with old sheets too. Its way more cost effective than buying brand new material and we are just going to be walking on it. I am excited for that one!